sometimes reluctant
Monday, May 08, 2006
  Ahh... The Weekend...

Don't ya just love weekends? Mine was extra full. Here's what happened:

The most important thing in the weekend was simple. I tried to find grace along the way; to remember there are no non-sacred moments. Here's where that took me:

If you made it this far, I applaud you. Sorry for the length of this ramble. I'm trying to be intentional about developing my eye for seeing the sacred in what I would otherwise consider mundane. As with other disciplines, it's harder to do it alone. Thanks for joining me.

 
Comments:
I love your rambles. And you! You are sooooo insightful.

There are no non-sacred moments.

Wow. That's the deepest thing I've read in a long time. I'm going to write that down. Thanks!
 
Yea, I liked reading this, Julie. When looking for God, we don't have to look far, do we? We just have to look.
 
Yea, I liked reading this, Julie. When looking for God, we don't have to look far, do we? We just have to look.
 
My weekend wasn't quite as busy, but perhaps I can wring some theological truths out of my transporting my father in law to the car repair shop, where his modern car was parked right next to a '54 Chevy. Yes, we're talking about lust.... :)
 
Jennifer - thanks for your kind words.

Chris - He's everywhere!

OE - Ok.... how bout this: if something is a beautiful creation, it (he/she) will continue to be beautiful, regardless of age, unless somebody wrecks it or trashes it. Not so good....
 
Thanks for teaching me. It is great to see all those burning bushes and be called to recognize the sacred moments all around us.

a grateful friend
tim
 
"[I]f something is a beautiful creation, it (he/she) will continue to be beautiful, regardless of age, unless somebody wrecks it or trashes it."

I agree wholeheartedly.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger