sometimes reluctant
Thursday, March 02, 2006
  Lent
I am a protestant Christ follower. I have absolutely nothing against my Catholic friends, but I'm not Catholic.

None-the-less, I like the idea of setting aside this season to remember the events leading up to the resurrection. In years past, I've given up a variety of things for lent. When challenged, I said to myself, "identifying with the suffering of Christ..." over and over again. In reality, I acknowledge I didn't actually identify with His suffering. I've never suffered that intensly.

This year, I'm going a different direction. I've giving up NOT EXERCISING for lent. I'm parting ways with SLOTH. Let LAZINESS be gone!

I publish this here, because if I don't tell anyone, it won't happen. So, feel free to ask about it. Hold me accountable for bringing the flesh into submission this holy season.

Maybe I'll learn something.

(If I do, I'll pass it on...)
 
Comments:
Great idea. I'll be asking.

on the journey with you
tim
 
I have never really observed Lent. Maybe I should start.
 
Last night, I took a little run. (I wouldn't have if I hadn't made this committment.) It almost killed me! The cold air in my lungs.....
Perhaps there are wonderful stories to come, but I'm not there yet.
 
Jennifer -
It's not too late. It's been miserable for me so far, so feel free to jump right in! (what an endorsement!)
:)
 
I coincidentally re-committed myself to working out more often (3+ days a week minimum)... and I started doing this on Fat Tuesday. Fitting, eh?
 
I regret to admit, I'm not doing so well. I've had so illness to contend with, and I'm not fulfilling my comittment. I'm at about 50%. Perhaps I should have made the commitment you did Chris. At 3X/wk, I'd be good. Is it too late to change the parameters? Is there any way this cup could pass from me? Hmmm....
 
LOL. Julie, I was wondering how you were doing but didn't want to ask. :)
 
Ah, my plans have failed!

Lord, it has been two weeks since my last confession, er, workout... and I know I promised 3x per week.

Can I do make-ups?
 
I can't decide if I need to do make-ups or scrap the whole thing entirely.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger