sometimes reluctant
Wednesday, March 22, 2006
  Isn't It Great!
A little guy I barely know approached me today with a shoe in his hand. He was wearing the mate. He thrust the shoe toward me so I could inspect it carefully. He spoke with a delighted squeal, saying, "I got the pink-eye and I stepped in dog poop! Isn't it great!"

I was surprised. Yep, there was the dog poop... and the pink eye.

Is it great?

If he thought it was great, then it must indeed be great. I'm looking forward to the next 'pink-eye-and-dog- poop' situation, metaphorically speaking. I want to try out that attitude.

He was certainly contagious.
 
Comments:
You could rephrase "the glass is half-full" as "the other shoe doesn't have poo on it"
 
Good one, Chris!

Julie, maybe the combination of dog poop and pink eye got him a day off school. I imagine that would be great news for a kid, since he didn't get that snow day you all wanted!
 
How cute! Kids...do say the darnest things!

Diane
 
Chris - and the other eye wasn't pink! The glass was indeed half full. LOL.

Jennifer - he did indeed end up getting the day off yesterday. There's just no accounting for why his circumstances were so great. :)

Diane - so nice to meet you! I'll be visiting. :)
 
Julie,
Just visited your blog for the first time. Thanks for your comments on my blog...

This was a great story!
 
Jim - thanks for stopping!

Doug - I think Jesus may indeed have noticed a thing or two...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger