sometimes reluctant
Monday, March 06, 2006
  Do It Anyway
People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered; forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, there may be jealousy; be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; give the world the best you’ve got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; it was never between you and them anyway.

Mother Teresa

Thanks, Lorna, at See Through Faith!
 
Comments:
I have seen that before and it inspires me every time I read it. We should make t-shirts a la Nike's "Just Do It" campaign that say "Do It Anyway".
 
What a great idea! They could say, "Do It Anyway!" on the front, and list what to do on the back! I'd wear it every day! (so I guess I'd need several, because I'm not willing to do laundry every day!)

Another Mother Teresa quote I'd wear is, "Let us not aspire to do great things, but to do small things with great love."

I'd wear that too.
 
I love her saying:

"If you can't do it with love, don't do it at all. Go home."
 
That's great.
Maybe we could produce a line of quotable t-shirts, using only quotes from Mother Teresa. She said a ton of quotable stuff!
 
I agree. It's funny, I remember one time she was on television when I was child. My mother, a full-blooded Baptist, listened to her talk and said "I think she might be saved!" No kidding.
 
I saw a group of teenagers at a resturant wearing t-shirts that said something like 'Small Acts, Great Love'. They were an organized group who regularly went out doing just that - small acts with great love (at least their shirts claim they have great love). I wanted to join, but I just didn't fit the profile. I'll never get to be a catholic teen...
 
Doug and Jennifer - if she wasn't saved, I don't know who is.
 
I think the Nike slogan "just do it" is brilliant. I have that bumper sticker taped to my wall at work. It applies to so many situations, like here.

Jennifer, I also like the "mediocrity makes me puke" icon you pointed me to a while back (referencing Rev. 3:16)

... but Julie, I'm particularly glad you wrote this post. I needed to hear these words today.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
 
No problem, Chris. I'm glad the words were timely for you too.
 
Thanks Julie and Lorna. Good!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger