sometimes reluctant
Monday, February 06, 2006
  A Disembodied Head
My best girl wants an aquarium theme in her room, so I'll be painting fish for a while. I like to paint. A month or so ago, I painted the blue background, and today, I launched into painting the sea turtle she wants just inside her door.

After pencil sketching an outline, I gathered some paints, a piece of cardboard for a palette, and a few brushes. I began working toward creating a sea turtle where there was none. I like the way the head is looking. It's 9:00 and time to walk away, clean my brushes and call it a night. Unfortunately, that leaves a reptilian-looking-disembodied-head on the wall. It looks funky. (I took a picture but can't figure out how to get it off the camera. Sigh...)

It's a little frustrating to leave a creation unfinished. I'm reminded that God spoke the sea turtle, and all other fascinating creatures, into being - and there they were. Cool.

Yet God does have some unfinished creations. Like me. I wonder if He shakes His head the way I do looking at the disembodied head of the sea turtle, envisioning the finished project and having to wait for fulfillment of the plan.
 
Comments:
What an awesome analogy. I know if I had to go sleep staring at a disembodied turtle head on the wall, I’d have nightmares. I wonder if I give God nightmares? If God slept, I mean.
 
I wonder if anything can really surprise God, since the alpha and omega aspect has Him there at the beginning and at the end. It bends the mind to think that God can see all moments of time in His present moment, like one big orchestra hit! That gives me hope that... if I were a total waste of time and space, God wouldn't have put me here in the first place knowing I wouldn't amount to anything. Likewise, I think it gives us all hope, knowing the same holds for each and every person, creature, and thing on earth.

Ouch! That was my head hurting from thinking too cosmically. Back to Earth now.. heh heh.

Oh, about the painted room... you are going to post a photo of the finished thing, aren't you? My daughter did a mural in the bathroom, but never finished it completely. Now my wife's dreaming up all sorts of new room-art projects for us! Fun!!
 
Jennifer - You make me laugh! I wonder if I would give God pleasant dreams - if He slept....

Chris - I almost blew a fuse!
I hope to post pictures, if I figure out how to get the computer to recognize the card from the camera. GGRRRRrrrrr.....
 
Just say to that turtle: "You're a piece of work!"

Oh well, I guess you had to be there.
 
Jennifer - Too funny!

Doug - The computer has a slot to stick the card into. It just isn't seeing it (although it has before). Maybe you're right, I could bypass the shortcut and attach the camera. Thanks.
 
GREAT connection between what you are doing and what God created you for.

I think He still looks at us and says *it is good* even though there is sin in our life he sees the real us.

loved your previous post too about cousin Anna. Thanks
 
Doug - I think I'll take the camera to a store and see if I can match it with a USB cable. Good idea.

See-through - Thanks for stopping! It's amazing to me that HE sees me as the finished project HE has in mind. That's grace!
And, the revelation about Anna still brings tear to my eyes.

HE is soooooo good!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger