sometimes reluctant
Monday, February 13, 2006
  Ahh, The Vanity!
My favorite neighbor, a 9 year old playmate of my daughter, was visiting this week. She asked me, "Mrs. P, how old are you?" My best girl shouted, "FORTY!!!" as if that's the largest number imaginable. Kia, the neighbor girl, was agast. She asked, "Is that true, Mrs.P?!?!?" I tried to be confident and self-assured as I confirmed this number. I disagree with the children's assessment that being 40 is undesirable. Kia, still wide eyed in surprise said, "I would have guessed much younger!"
What a nice response! So, I was curious. I asked, "How old would you have guessed?" She looked carefully at me and said, "Twenty one, and very tired... because of the bags under your eyes." I'm so glad I asked.
 
Comments:
You crack me up!
 
40 aint so bad. I turned 50 in 2005. The forties were good. But this past 3 months of being 50 have given me a whole different perspective on life.
 
Patti,
Thanks for stopping! How has your perspective changed in the 50s?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger