sometimes reluctant
Tuesday, January 10, 2006
  Is Daniel Out There?
Friends, I have a dream...that a man would be judged, not by the color of his skin, but by the content of his character. Wait a minute - that was someone else's famous dream. Although that dream sounds incredible to me, I have been having another kind of dreams.

On Friday, Mike, our next-door neighbor stopped by to inform us that they are moving. Then on Saturday they moved. It seemed sudden to us, but we knew they had been considering it for a long time and we had had been missing them for several weeks. We talk alot when the kids are outside playing, but this time of year we sometimes have limited contact with the neighbors.

Since that announcement and the subsequent move, I've been dreaming about the house next door. In my dreams the house is transformed into a mansion. Similar to steping into the wardrobe and finding Narnia, the cute 3 bedroom ranch next door becomes a mansion in my dreams.

For four nights running I've dreamed about moving next door into that beautiful home. The first night, I enjoyed a warm bubble bath in the splendor of the enormous bathroom. It was opulent with fine tile and fixtures. The lighting was golden and beautiful. I was very relaxed.

The second, I spent on the patio. It was also grand in scale, and lush. Last night, I went upstairs (did I mention it's a ranch?) and spent time in the arcade with friends. It was musical, magical and fun.

I typically don't remember dreams, and can't remember ever experiencing such a series of interrelated dreams.

Any interpreters out there?

 
Comments:
yeah - lay off the mushrooms!
 
Yeah, you were dreaming about buying my house and moving to Texas! Oh PLEEASE make me an offer so I can move closer to work and closer to ... well, the liberal mecca of Texas that is called Austin! ;)

I live in a beautiful huge ranch house on 7 acres. You'd LOVE it here!
 
Jennifer, I've always wondered why people blame wacky dreams on pizza. It must be the mushrooms! Thanks for the enlightenment. :)

Chris, maybe you have something there. Perhaps I've been dreaming of your home that's for sale. It sounds so nice, I'm just going to make you an offer. I'll give you $2.50 for it, even without consulting with my husband. It would make for long commutes for both of us, but I have to follow my dreams - right?
 
Since you informed me it was rude to visit and not comment, I will try my hand at interpreting the dream.

I believe it means you will experience three and a half years of abundance and three and a half years of...no wait...that interpretation has already been taken.

It means your neighbors will return and bow down to you while you are in the palace...no wait...that one has been taken as well.

I don't know, but I do know your neighbors were blessed because of you and your fmaily.

a friend on the journey
tim
 
I don't know what it means but I want to borrow the bathtub tonight!
 
Tim - How surprising that you took my courtesy advise seriously! Please comment frequently.
As for the neighbors being blessed by living by us, I'm not so sure. I'm thinking of looking them up to tell them we finally got the belt fixed on Wil's car. It will no longer squeal as loud as a siren at 5:45 am. Maybe then, they'll come back.
Incidently, that's both sides. Now, nobody lives next to us. I'm afraid the community has noticed the resemblance between us and the Simpsons and they're all steering clear.

Mimi - Feel free to close your eyes and soak in my imaginary tub any time!!! It might be especially beneficial now (since you're full of snot and all).

Doug - I recently learned it's the mushrooms from the pizza. If you eat pizza without mushrooms, there's no credibility problem. Just hold the mushrooms to persue becoming a prophet.
 
On second thought..... maybe the mushrooms are what makes a prophet.
 
You may have something there, Jennifer! I'm considering a clinical trial - with and without mushrooms.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Miamisburg, Ohio, United States

I am a wife and a mom. I am an, occupational therapist. I play volleyball most every Friday evening. I believe I have supernatural powers. I take good care of my teeth.

ARCHIVES
December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 /


Powered by Blogger